• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Probate Registry Wills

Thank you. It appears that he left his widow with a fair amount then. Although she was only 59 so it might not have lasted all that long. I have no record of her death.

I have bookmarked the site for future reference.
 
3 of 5 ordered 7th August arrived 18th October. 2 ordered 3rd August outstanding, so 4 in total outstanding.
 
4 more arrived yesterday. Some are just grants, well I say 'just' grants. On one of these, the address for the beneficiary of the estate, is given as: Lot 20, The Mount Development, Barbados, which knocks down the brick wall of, "where on Earth have they disappeared to?" which has been puzzling me for some time. 1987, so not a lot of online resources to search as far as I know.
 
I am waiting for 3 wills ordered at the end of September and 5 ordered 4th October so it looks like I have a long wait ahead of me.
 
Carol B, I think they may be better with the more recent orders. Just a back log for some reason. An announcement/apology on the 'Find a Will' site would have been appreciated.
 
I am waiting for 3 wills ordered at the end of September and 5 ordered 4th October so it looks like I have a long wait ahead of me.

I ordered 2 in July, one came back straight away and the other I am still waiting for... maybe see it in the New Year.
 
I didn’t get an email telling me probate was ready but I just clicked on my orders and I could read the contents. So I clicked on all of them after this discovery.
 
You only get so many days to view the document so download a copy to your computer or print a copy. It would be great if the price of BMD certificates were similarly reduced!
 
Ah, LostCousins for wills.

We already have a feature to tick when we hold BMD certificates for our ancestors. Would it be useful to add a box to tick if we have a probate document (whether will or administration)? Lost Cousins members already exchange copies of BMDs when we find cousins and would I am sure will exchange copies of probate documents.
 
Still waiting........ I ordered two on 29th July - one of these arrived on 14th October. The other, and the one I ordered on 15th August are still in limbo somewhere. At least the GRO pdf service is much more efficient. I found clicking on each changed the order they appeared in the list, but that was all.
 
You're not alone..... I now have 3 of the 4 I ordered on 28 July. And the September order is, of course, still outstanding. Something to look forward too!
 
I'm still waiting for 3 from end July/early August and one from 2 September. Bizarrely 3 other September ones came a couple of weeks ago, but no sign of the earlier ones. I'm relieved in some way that I am not alone.
 
I'm still waiting on one that I ordered back in the middle of August and the estimated delivery date for the one I ordered in October has now been and gone. It seems that it's still very hit and miss.
 
I must have had beginner's luck as the 2014 one I ordered on 2 November arrived as expected 2 days later. I've now ordered a 2017 one and the expected date of delivery is 22 November.
 
I must have had beginner's luck as the 2014 one I ordered on 2 November arrived as expected 2 days later. I've now ordered a 2017 one and the expected date of delivery is 22 November.
Thanks for giving the dates of the wills you ordered. A 2014 will would, I suspect, already have been digitised - whether a 2017 will has been digitised is going to depend on how up to date they are. The extended delivery time suggests not, but let's see how long it takes in practice.
 
Back
Top