I would imagine that's the case - in which case it suggests their systems have been updated. It might also be connected to the increase in probate charges on larger estates.Is this to do with government departments not making a profit on services?
Have you done a search at the government's Find A Will service? You should be able to find when and where Probate was granted. You may need to search over a couple of years from year of death, and if the record says 'Administration' rather than 'Probate' it generally means there wasn't a Will. Once you have this information you can order the Will, after you have registered with the site and paid the £1.50 charge 'required by law for the release of public documents'. I just ordered one, and they are quoting 10 working days for electronic delivery.I am unable to find any reference to either of their Wills so does that mean that they didn't have one?
It is more likely to mean that the estate was distributed without going to probate.I am unable to find any reference to either of their Wills so does that mean that they didn't have one?
Yes Helen, I have. It was Pauline's original posting that spurred me on to do so. I have now looked at the Citizen Advice site, as suggested by Peter and it seems that Probate wasn't necessary. I thought that I would still find the Will, though...Have you done a search at the government's Find A Will service?
I believe that they still owned their home when my uncle died and it was sold afterwards when his widow went into a nursing home. I imagine that it was a jointly owned property. Thank you for the link to the Citizen Advice site, it seems that Probate wasn't necessary.property may have been sold to fund care costs.
This has always been a problem - it's not a new issue. It's one reason why I use Ancestry,Be careful when searching, I didn't get the correct results when searching by year of death, but he did appear in the next year which was the year of probate.
He died 1901 but appears in the 1902 results. This would make it hard to find if probate was many years after.
Ahhhh! There seems to be pages missing
I've searched for Lomax death in 1885, comes up with surnames starting with P.
So I searched for surnames starting with Lard, get as far as surname Leroy on page 253, and then the next page starts with M and it's number is 210?
I have used this, but it's not really feedback connected to this page, but I've tried to explain.Have you provided feedback (at top of search page) for this problem?
Tim, have you looked at pages 6-7 of the 16 pages which come up when you search for Lomax, 1885? I found several people named Lomax listed there. It seems the pages are not displayed in alphabetical order. I found this problem when I was searching, though usually with a lot less than 16 pages to wade through!I've searched for Lomax death in 1885, comes up with surnames starting with P.
It's a mixed bag of results for me so far. Ordered 7 in one go, got 2 different estimated delivery dates. 1st was spot on, but they've missed the 2nd dateThe will I ordered on Monday came through on Wednesday evening (in line with the estimate when I placed my order). I imagine the turnaround will lengthen as more people find out about the price cut, so get your orders in before my next newsletter!!!
Same here. 1st one arrived on time. The one I ordered on 22 July with estimated delivery date of 6 Aug arrived 3 days late on 9 Aug. And the 3 I ordered on 25 July, estimated delivery 9 Aug, I am yet to receive.It's a mixed bag of results for me so far