Has anyone raised the issue of what used to be known as the "Distance Selling Regulations" either on this forum or with the company that is supposed to be supplying the Wills? It used to be the case that if selling at arms length the vendor was not allowed to take payment until the goods had been despatched. I've been out of that industry for a while now so knowledge is rusty but I believe there is still some requirement to deliver promptly. The Govt website
https://www.gov.uk/online-and-distance-selling-for-businesses/online-selling says
"After an order is placed
You must:
(inter alia)
...... deliver the goods within 30 days, unless you’ve agreed otherwise with the customer"
Well, I ordered 6 wills on 30th July, received an acknowledgement saying delivery date will be 14th August (which still shows on my account) and the money left my card on 30th July. They are well past the 30 day delivery date - and I have not agreed to extend that, nor been asked if I'd be prepared to - and they've had my money all that time, well past 30 days now.
Has anyone else considered this issue or better still raised it with whoever is running the service?
I have, by the way, emailed them twice asking for confirmation that the order is being dealt with, but received the same facile and standard email both times. I was asking them to confirm that they do actually have my order and are dealing with it, but their identical answers were not reassuring. All I know for sure is - they do have my money!