Helen7
LostCousins Superstar
Yes, it's the difference between 'estimated delivery' and 'delivered' dates that is so striking. I wonder what the biggest gap will be?I got one!
View attachment 1628
Yes, it's the difference between 'estimated delivery' and 'delivered' dates that is so striking. I wonder what the biggest gap will be?I got one!
View attachment 1628
I was surprised to find my childless great aunt had left everything to one particular niece, despite the fact her brother (this niece's father) was still alive, and she had several other nieces and nephews still living (including my dad). This must have been her favourite niece. If she hadn't left a will, her estate would have gone to her brother who may have squandered it all before he could pass it on to his daughter!Richard Selves died in 1879 and left some legacies to one of his brothers and to the children of another brother. The rest he left to a niece, Hannah Selves, the daughter of a third brother - despite the fact that he had had eight children of his own.
They may be 'involved' but they're only contractors.- their responsibility is not to the customer, but to the Probate Service.But there is a commercial company involved here
Update on wrong record sent: Today I received a reply to my query regarding the wrong entry sent to me, they apologised and promised they will send the correct one asap.
I have finally received the will I ordered in July it arrived 8th October, I have chanced my arm and ordered another one hopefully I will receive it Dec or JanI also ordered a will in July estimated delivery was 4th August I am still waiting, no reply from enquiry email either as of today
There are three tabs on the page. The first one is for post-1996 wills. You need the 2nd tab: Wills and Probate 1858-1996.Is there a different site that you are all using to find these wills? The original link says any person who died in the UK after 1996. I have tried putting in several names of my ancestors and am getting no results; I even used the name that someone else used previously just to check and got no results again. I also used some Barratt names where my cousin had sent for and received wills.