But seriously, think of your eyes and your productivity
Long term viewing of screens can cause eyesight problems which is why eye tests for users of VDU's (Visual Display Screens) in offices and work places are mandatory if requested. I had several such tests whilst employed (I used a computer regularly) and indeed the H&S side of my duties was to arrange such tests for other Company VDU users, whether requested or not, and no one ever turned them down. If VDU optimised glasses were needed they were of course paid for by the Company.
Since retirement I take the normal 2-yearly eye test (now free as an 'oldie), but it was only a year or so back I mentioned my regular use of viewing computer screens to the Optician (Optometrist), which drew forth the comment that in which case I ought to have a pair of 'Computer' glasses. Last year 'Distance' glasses were part of the recommendation as well, even though my distance vision was still good enough for driving from the legal point of view.
(reading a number plate at x distance sort of thing). But what a difference each makes to the task in hand, and the improvement in using my distance glasses when viewing my TV from my armchair is remarkable.
Computer glasses are merely prescription glasses with lens optimised for normal screen distance viewing. I noticed the difference from day one and still do as becomes apparent when I start to view my screen with my normal reading glasses.
(The latter incidentally perpetually hang around my neck and have become a sort of a trademark as I am rarely without them). Mind you I admit at times having 3 sets of glasses can get confusing, even with different frame (and case) colour coding. But I always keep my Computer glasses on my desk my first task is to put them on when I view my monitors.
The point I make is that in my opinion it is more important to have your vision checked with screen viewing in mind (here I mean monitors rather than hand held tablets) -assuming like me you view them daily - than puzzling over whether you need a higher resolution monitor. Though of course there is no harm in having both, if funds stretch to same. But glasses with lenses designed for reading computer screens are -if the Optometrist agrees them beneficial - the greater priority.