Pauline
LostCousins Megastar
The second issue is inevitable - when you add photos into RM you are essentially adding a shortcut to the photo stored on your computer. If you later move the photo then the shortcut will no longer work, hence the cross.I am trying out a free copy of Rootsmagic 7 but when I try to add photos from 'Pictures' on my computer it says 'Access denied'. However, if I move the photos into 'Documents' it will accept and display them. However, once I deposit the photos back into the 'Pictures section of the computer, Rootsmagic says it can no longer find them and shows them with a cross on them. As all my photos are stored under 'Pictures' and I don't really want to move them, is there a way to get around this?
The "Access denied" sounds like it could be a Windows error rather than RM itself. That is, it could be that Windows thinks RM doesn't have the right to access your Pictures folder. This could be because RM is not being run with administrator rights or it could be your folder sharing settings. I'm not particularly knowledgeable in this area but I know these things can lead to "Access denied" errors.


