It did click to an uncoloured box - it changed from coloured to clear to tick to colour to clear .......and I did the whole process about 10 times and I tried clicking both the 'Apply' box and the 'OK' box afterwards. When I pressed 'apply' it showed a green line and said 'applying attributes' and I clicked 'OK' but it still didn't work. I then tried the sequence of 'colour, clear, tick, colour, clear, tick 40 times and pressed 'apply' and the green line came again applying attributes, but it still doesn't work. Should it be clicked the same amount of times as there are 'read only' items in the file? Will there eventually be a time when you never see a tick at all? If so I didn't click nearly enough because there are prob about 150 'read only' items I think......
I am going to try to load my FTM today or tomorrow, but want to get all the photos labelled and in permanent files before I start, or I think that will cause the same problems that I am having now.
I have no idea why they turned into 'read only' in the first place.