CTRL + A is another good shortcut.
If you are in a field, this will highlight all text and then you can use CTRL + C to copy it. If you are in a document, it will again copy all the text.
I've never used Win+E either Gillian. As Bob says if something is genuinely quick and easy to remember and you find it useful then use it. If it seems more hassle than benefit don't use it.I'm beginning to wish I'd kept my mouth shut!Thank you all the same, Bob and Alexander, but I'll think I'll chug along as I have until now, without clicking on WIN + E.
If he's out in a field one has to assume he has a portable device and is using wifi. Not sure why he'd be in field though? Having a picnic Tim?Assuming there is an internet connection in the field![]()
Isn't that the expression used when sending Missionaries out to untamed countries to "spread the word"?Not sure why he'd be in field though
I wasn't sure what Emjay meant either, perhaps he's having a field day?If he's out in a field one has to assume he has a portable device and is using wifi. Not sure why he'd be in field though? Having a picnic Tim?![]()
Countries or forum posters?Isn't that the expression used when sending Missionaries out to untamed countries to "spread the word"?
And no doubt won't be the last. My wife thinks it a family thing as both my sisters confuse the names of people and even mix up the names of sisters with daughters. On Skype Pat in Australia will tell me she has not long spoken with Gail (her daughter), when she means Dot her sister (and the funny thing I know instantly who she means even before her husband sitting along side her tells her she means Dot). My other sister is just as bad although her idiosyncrasy is to mix up daughters and granddaughters. It quite comical and its usually my wife who interjects with the 'you mean so and so Dot' to which she remarks, 'isn't that who I said?.Right, Bob. And you do realise, don't you, that that's the second time you've got me and Pauline mixed up!!![]()
Have you tried some memory techniques? So, not knowing what these people look like but Raoul sounds like a pirates name, which reminds me of Captain Jack Sparrow who reminds me of Keira NeightleyShe has tried to coach me into remembering the names of our two new neighbours (who I know from a note alongside are Kiera & Raoul)
Heather, neither do I have the bar decribed by Alexander, but I do have a blue rectangular box at the bottom left of the screen, next to the Windows Start symbol. If I hover the pointer over that blue box it shows "Show Desktop" and works the same way.
Are you using Windows 7 or above? I don't recall if it existed on XP and of course Macs are totally different shortcuts on a Mac typically involve the Apple key.
I didn't have a little blue triangle nor a little blue rectangle on the right but I do have a little blue rectangle on the left which indeed says "show desktop" when hovered over
Forgive me for being confused, but are these two statements not contradictory? You didn't have a blue rectangle on the right, but now you do have. Didn't Bryman say his was on the left?Bryman has solved my problem, the "Show Desktop" icon is on the bottom right hand side of the screen and is a blue rectangle box
Forgive me for being confused, but are these two statements not contradictory? You didn't have a blue rectangle on the right, but now you do have. Didn't Bryman say his was on the left?
Suitably chastened Gillian!And remember Pauline and Gillian, Bob!
And will be again I'm sure Alexander but you have to make allowance for the odd detour and it never stops me offering to help newcomers. One day many of them will be contributors to such detours and will love every minute of it.Hmmm feel the need to rename part of this thread - "impenetrable in-jokes avoid if you are a new user (was browser tabs and short-cuts)"