Bryman
LostCousins Megastar
Now, I have been told there is nothing wrong with an image that just doesn't come up ! - No image appears, I've told them, but they say yes it does - NO it doesn't !! I'm not happy since their change of format or attitude of late
I have had a similar experience with FMP records in general, not specifically with Cheshire. Some census images just do not appear, although sometimes requesting a download to my computer can break it out of its circling torpor.
Another annoyance which is denied by FMP concerns my use of multiple browser tabs when searching with FMP. Typically, I have a separate tab for census/births/marriages/deaths (and a few others) so that I can quickly switch backwards and forwards. However, in about 10-20% of cases, when I have returned the census tab back to the original search state and then do likewise with births or marriages, I get the census screen displayed! This can be very frustrating as all of the previously entered field values are then lost and have to be re-entered.
I think this must have something to do with the sesion details retained by FMP. It is almost as if they only keep details for each browser instance rather than for each tab within the browser. FMP support requested that I clear my cache but that (of course) made no difference.
Has anybody else had a similar experience?