After updating to the latest version of Windows 10 I noticed that I experienced the problem reported by Bryman and others when using Edge and IE11. Another symptom was that when I went to the My Cousins page and clicked the pop-up test it took a very long time to respond (and the fan came on, showing that the computer was working harder than usual).
Today I repeatedly tried the pop-up test, and eventually it responded instantly. Subsequently the red Searching graphic always appeared when it should have done.
My experience suggests that Edge and IE11 have an aversion to Javascript and are carrying out checks before executing scripts. This is perfectly reasonable behaviour by the browsers and whilst changing the settings might avoid these checks taking place I would much prefer a minor cosmetic issue to a virus!
Today I repeatedly tried the pop-up test, and eventually it responded instantly. Subsequently the red Searching graphic always appeared when it should have done.
My experience suggests that Edge and IE11 have an aversion to Javascript and are carrying out checks before executing scripts. This is perfectly reasonable behaviour by the browsers and whilst changing the settings might avoid these checks taking place I would much prefer a minor cosmetic issue to a virus!