Bob Spiers
LostCousins Superstar
I wonder if he had a brother Henry of (and tonight is my guest night) fame?Perhaps he was fed up with people confusing him with a big building in London
Last edited:
I wonder if he had a brother Henry of (and tonight is my guest night) fame?Perhaps he was fed up with people confusing him with a big building in London
The information was there for the taking. Can you honestly blame them? Do you know these people personally? How can you prove it?That might be how you use it, but I know of people (not on this forum) who taken a lot of information without paying a penny.
I'm prepared to believe what they told me.The information was there for the taking. Can you honestly blame them? Do you know these people personally? How can you prove it?
Thanks, Peter. Presumably widows didn't count, as my grandmother (avatar) has "None (Independent)" as her occupation. In fact more correct would have been "Retired" as she was in fact a trained nurse and had been employed as such.This was the mandated description for housewives (in the instructions on the front of the form).
There's a link to the instructions from this article.Thanks, Peter. Presumably widows didn't count, as my grandmother (avatar) has "None (Independent)" as her occupation. In fact more correct would have been "Retired" as she was in fact a trained nurse and had been employed as such.
Once again, thank you so much, Peter. Of course I'd read the Newsletter but, for some reason (I hope it was a good one!), didn't follow the links at the time. Now I did, starting with the "re-creation of this broadcast here." I'm sure it wasn't meant to be funny but I couldn't help thinking of a school teacher lecturing young children.There's a link to the instructions from this article.
Me too! disgraceful.Once again, thank you so much, Peter. Of course I'd read the Newsletter but, for some reason (I hope it was a good one!), didn't follow the links at the time.
It reminded me of the 1990s adverts featuring Mr Cholmondley-Warner, which were in the style of public information films from the 1930s and 1940s. For example:I'm sure it wasn't meant to be funny but I couldn't help thinking of a school teacher lecturing young children.
That's news to me - I thought you had to go through TNA and pay £25.It's been repeated several times, most recently in the last newsletter, but you don't need a 12 month subscription for FMP to open a closed record. I only have a monthly subscription and I've so far had two records opened for my grandparents.
Hi PaulC,does anyone know if you can access the 1939 register without a subscription?