Pauline
LostCousins Megastar
I may be missing the obvious, but I am sometimes puzzled by the results I see when viewing shared matches at Ancestry.
For example, I have a DNA match with A and when I click to see our shared matches, I get a list showing B, C, D, E and F. Looking at shared matches with each of B - F in turn introduces 2 additional matches G and H. That I can understand (more or less!).
What confuses me is that later I may be looking at another match, say Z, and top of our list of shared matches is A.
So why does Z not show up in the list of matches I share with A?
For example, I have a DNA match with A and when I click to see our shared matches, I get a list showing B, C, D, E and F. Looking at shared matches with each of B - F in turn introduces 2 additional matches G and H. That I can understand (more or less!).
What confuses me is that later I may be looking at another match, say Z, and top of our list of shared matches is A.
So why does Z not show up in the list of matches I share with A?