What device are you using?Once again, there's no icon for replying to Bob's message
Thanks for the explanation - I didn't realise you were talking about the 'Like/Unlike' icons. However I don't understand why you're not seeing them - note that they are faded until you mouse over them, so if your screen brightness is turned down you might not see them even though they are there.Device????? A PC!!!!!!!!!! By icon I mean the icons at the bottom right hand side. Thanks, Agree, Disagree, Good tip etc. I don't even know what icon I need to reply to so many of Bob's messages - something to do with appreciating the joke or Bobism or whatever. Smileys will do instead.
I'm Gillian, but never mind, Pauline's a nice name, too. I don't have time right now to look at your ideas for my tree but will get back to you on them. Thanks so much for your interest.Don't be too fussed about icons Pauline,
-However I don't understand why you're not seeing them
So what's missing from the list? I included everything I could think of.Peter, I didn't mean I wasn't seeing them - I am, loud and clear. What I meant was, there isn't a suitable one for my reply to Bob. Hence he has to get either a full reply or a smiley. See?
Oh dear and there's you looking for a special icon to reply to my posts when I go and call you Pauline (probably because I had read one of her posts) when I know full well you are Gillian from Finland...and you with no 'plonker' icon to respond!! Never mind there is a smiley or two that would fit the bill like this one for instance.I'm Gillian, but never mind, Pauline's a nice name, too. I don't have time right now to look at your ideas for my tree but will get back to you on them. Thanks so much for your interest.![]()
Oh dear and there's you looking for a special icon to reply to my posts when I go and call you Pauline (probably because I had read one of her posts) when I know full well you are Gillian from Finland...and you with no 'plonker' icon to respond!!
... they can be confusing or offputting for people who aren't regular forum users - it can make them feel left out, or give the impression that everyone else is younger or more technically able than they are.
And so do I, and as for Peter's comment about no one attending Genealogy in the Sunshine having the need to use Smiley's well that sounds a wee bit pretentious. Are we lesser mortals?Personally I like the Smileys