FreeBMD indeed have no death (at all, any date!) for anyone of that name (they have birth - middle initial J - 1928Q2 [or "June" as I wish they wouldn't call it], Edmonton, 3a 941). I don't think you'll find him on a passenger list for as recent as 2022 or after - they tend to peter out early last century, and if it's USA/Canada/Australia/NZ, he's more likely to have flown these days, if he did go abroad. (Thinking about it, FreeBMD wouldn't have a death that recent, anyway; they only go up to before 2000.)
Ah - you said you could find no GRO; I just put in there 2022 ±2, Linwood, male, and it gives me nine hits: one is
LINWOOD, CLIFFORD 1928
GRO Reference: DOR Q3/2023 in ENFIELD (227-1A) Entry Number 526064293
which sounds like him! Not sure why you couldn't find it; I wondered if there was a spelling difference - since Linwood isn't that common, I didn't spe
cify a forename - but it looks as if that's come back with the same spelling (for Clifford) you have.
Glad to be of service, as a door on the Heart of Gold might say! Hope it enables you to get whatever further details you need. Remember Enfield will be just the registration district;
https://www.ukbmd.org.uk/reg/districts/enfield.html will tell you … oh, would
usually list all the places it covers, but in this case it seems it's only one, Enfield, though it does tell you what districts it has gained and lost since it was created (as a reg. district - I'm sure Enfield itself has been there a lot longer!) in 1965.
I tried putting N17 9 into
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/, but it needs the full code (do you have it?); putting Enfield gives a nice outline
https://maps.app.goo.gl/zPvpgSGW3vcy5BcFA, though I don't know if that's the same as the registration district, probably not.
I've just noticed that GRO say "DOR Q3/2023", which isn't the same quarter as the record you have - but 1928, his name, and the location make it sound likely. I'm guessing the record you've found has the date wrong*; I tend to put as little information as necessary into both FMP and GRO (and FreeBMD), and only give more if the number of hits is too big. That way I don't eliminate any misspellings or imprecise dates.
* Maybe it's one of those we discussed earlier - a burial (or, these days, cremation) date that's been falsely entered as a death date! These days, with refrigeration and how busy funeral directors are, the two can be some way apart.