Carla
LostCousins Star
Sorry to ask yet another question...........
I am at the stage in my research where I may have to come to a conclusion that a couple in my ancestral tree were not actually legally married as I cannot find a record of their marriage anywhere.
I am sure I have the correct couple, Charles William Ward baptised 23.2.1857 Deptford, Lewisham, Greater London, England, United Kingdom and Sarah Ann Joyce b6.7.1855 Bow, All Hallows Bow Common, London, England. They had 5 children, one of which is my ggrandmother Emily Elizabeth Ward b13.7.1879 Poplar, Bromley, Middlesex, England. The 1901 census has Charles as head of house and Joseph Joyce, father-in-law, living with them all, therefore I concluded that Sarah’s maiden name is Joyce? The family research was done by another member of my family ages ago, and I thought I had rechecked the details and collected the 'paperwork' to prove it all, yet somehow I missed this.
I have looked through, Ancestry.co.uk, Findmypast, Family search, freeBDM and even googled 'family history' to see if any other sites would be useful to check out. I cannot believe that I have not got the marriage details. So I just wondered if anyone has some advice on where else I can look? I have checked the birth details of the children, and looked at where everyone was born, and all sorts. Right now I am banging my head against a wall as I am sure I am missing something so, I am throwing myself on everyone’s mercy and begging someone to guide me in the right direction before I scream
(I thought researching family history would be a calm and relaxing hobby)..........
I am at the stage in my research where I may have to come to a conclusion that a couple in my ancestral tree were not actually legally married as I cannot find a record of their marriage anywhere.
I am sure I have the correct couple, Charles William Ward baptised 23.2.1857 Deptford, Lewisham, Greater London, England, United Kingdom and Sarah Ann Joyce b6.7.1855 Bow, All Hallows Bow Common, London, England. They had 5 children, one of which is my ggrandmother Emily Elizabeth Ward b13.7.1879 Poplar, Bromley, Middlesex, England. The 1901 census has Charles as head of house and Joseph Joyce, father-in-law, living with them all, therefore I concluded that Sarah’s maiden name is Joyce? The family research was done by another member of my family ages ago, and I thought I had rechecked the details and collected the 'paperwork' to prove it all, yet somehow I missed this.
I have looked through, Ancestry.co.uk, Findmypast, Family search, freeBDM and even googled 'family history' to see if any other sites would be useful to check out. I cannot believe that I have not got the marriage details. So I just wondered if anyone has some advice on where else I can look? I have checked the birth details of the children, and looked at where everyone was born, and all sorts. Right now I am banging my head against a wall as I am sure I am missing something so, I am throwing myself on everyone’s mercy and begging someone to guide me in the right direction before I scream