I was that Idiot Guide (writer)![]()
Not yet they haven't - the competition doesn't end until 31st January, and I'm hoping for many more entries and many more cousins to be discovered!some lucky people have also won Peter's Prizes!
That's right - a male member who had entered around 750 relatives left without giving any reason (female members generally explain why they're leaving, and are more likely to pass their account on to a relative).The relatives matched is -64 this week, the assumption is that an account(s) has been closed which will cause this.
I was certainly very pleased - but we couldn't have done it without the prizes generously donated by Findmypast, Living DNA, and Family Historian.the results of the competition are truly impressive
And I was lucky enough to discover that one of "my ancestors" wasn't in fact an ancestor at all. I wonder how long it would have taken me to find out if the "cousin" who contacted me and I hadn't compared notes.And I was lucky enough to make some matches when I was entering mine