Hi Everyone!
Here's a weekly update on how well people have been doing over at LostCousins.
- 56 new members joined the LostCousins site
- 2,024 new entries have been added and
- 101 relatives have been matched.
These figures are very encouraging, and the trend for all are on the increase.
But I get the impression that not everyone is adding their ancestors to LC. This maybe because they don't know who they haven't added yet or trying to work out who to add is too difficult.
But there is an answer. A simple answer, one that will help them in many ways.
FTAnalyzer (FTA) is a really simple to use and install Family Tree utility that helps you understand your family tree data.
Once you load a gedcom copy of your family tree a whole host of reports are generated. The report that I find very useful is on the tab Lost Cousins.
There is a great summary table that tells you how many people FTA has found that can be added to LC. Compare this number with how many you have added to LC, the difference is how many you have still to add. Now if you create a custom fact for each person you have added to LC, the report will now list the people with all the details that still have to be added. Very helpful user guides have been created that explain all of this much better than I can here, so give it a go, you have nothing to lose and only new Lost Cousins to gain!!
I understand it has also been hot in Northern Ireland. I mention that in case you meant United Kingdom rather than Great Britain!
We don't seem to be very United at the moment, do we?
Good Luck everyone!!
Here's a graph showing the activity over at the Lost Cousins site.
