What I was getting at is that if the software already creates a CENS record then the actual reference could be blank and FTAnalyzer wouldn't care (other than reporting missing references). The main reason people should care about unrecognised or missing references is when they are relying on FTAnalyzer to create a census record purely from recognising the content of the notes.
Thanks Alexander, I think that I follow that now. My software will only write CENS records if the data meets certain criteria, such as . . .
Source Title/Name defined, eg RG11/123/45/6
Source Type defined as Census
Date of Census entered, eg 03/04/1881 but then software changes month to APR
Citation Reference supplied (may be different format to Title), eg Piece: 123, Folio: 45; Page: 6;
Address supplied, to which I try and ensure that country is included.
Hence, the new feature added to FTA is a great help to enable early checking before all details have been entered in the appropriate fields using the applicable formats. I am now using V5.0.4.0.
The test Gedcom file that I sent you was a cut-down version of one surname tree (I have about 250) but the full surname tree produced the following stats when loaded into FTA . . .
Direct Ancestors : 1
Blood Relations : 42
Married to Blood or Direct Relation : 23
Related by Marriage : 115
Unknown relation : 5
Found 5 census facts in GEDCOM File (5 good, 5 usable facts loaded)
Created 132 census facts from individuals notes and source references in GEDCOM File
Found 33 residence facts in GEDCOM File (0 treated as census facts)
Found 137 census references in file and 0 facts missing a census reference
Found 84 Lost Cousins facts in GEDCOM File (84 good, 84 usable facts loaded)
With 132 census facts created by FTA, that is a great help. Thank you. Eventually, I hope to get them all properly entered and reduce the number created by FTA to zero. It all comes down what is more important(/interesting) - search for further ancestors or tidy up those already identified. FTA helps me to 'put off' the housekeeping but still give me a repeated nudge that work still needs to be done. Thank you.