john46
LostCousins Member
Tim, I have FH5 and have tried to run it but have lots of problemsThat's great Trebor, thank you.
I just need some of the other people who use different software to come forward now.
John
Tim, I have FH5 and have tried to run it but have lots of problemsThat's great Trebor, thank you.
I just need some of the other people who use different software to come forward now.
Tim did you get my last message as it seems to have disappeared into the etherHi John,
Thanks for responding. Can you list the problems you're getting please?
Has the FTA software downloaded ok?
Have you been able to export a gedcom from FH5?
Have you been able to open the gedcom in FTA?
Have you been able to create a Lost Cousins Fact in FH5?
Do you have Census or Residence Facts in your tree?
Are the reports not working as you think they should?
No, sorry, can you resend please?Tim did you get my last message as it seems to have disappeared into the ether
John
No, sorry, can you resend please?
Only 1 Direct Ancestor suggests that the root person is wrong. Can you check the load screen to see who it says is the root person. Typically this should be yourself.
The reason that I have only 1 Direct Ancestor is that I leave it on my earliest Ancestor, and that tells me how any person is related,That makes sense
.Only 1 Direct Ancestor suggests that the root person is wrong. Can you check the load screen to see who it says is the root person. Typically this should be yourself.
John, you can change the root person in FTA by right-clicking on a person in the Individuals tab.
New members don't have attachment rights by default ......
ps how do I send a file to someone,I know that it needs to be a zip but there does not seem to be a way to place it into the message
It's not just new members who can't attach files to messages in conversations. I couldn't when I needed to send you something, if you remember.
Thanks, Alexander, can you tell me, do I have to in my FH5 have to put a lost cousin fact against every person that has a census entry, and then keep adding them for every census year,as I have been playing with it and that seems to turn it orange, but still tells me it is flagged but no census entry,when I know it is, but others that I have in green say census entered but not a lost cousins year and I have not entered a lost cousin fact and then yellow census entered but no lost cousin flag set again with no lost cousin fact
John
Hmmm we may need to check the settings for "Lost Cousins Member" status, you should be able to in most forums. Or perhaps you still had a New Member at the time? Are you still prevented from attaching a file to a post at present?
Thank you for the FT Analyzer program. So far I have only used it to correct dating errors but it is a very useful tool. The only problem I have found is where to put the details about Census entries on Family Historian so that I can link it to LostCousins. I have put some in "Facts" but it shows on the FT Analyzer that no entries have been made.
1 EVEN
2 TYPE Lost Cousins
2 DATE 1911
1 RESI Age: 50
2 DATE 1841
2 PLAC Childwall, Lancashire, England