• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

FTA and FH5

Top right on this webpage should be a button called Inbox. It will show red if you have messages waiting. You should have one from Tim and myself.
 
I cannot see my original post or Tim's reply about checking my gedcom file for CENS or RESI. I followed the instructions but cannot see the entries.

What I have for each entry is:
0@1266@ INDI
1NAME
1SEX
1BIRT
2DATE
2PLACE
1BAP
2DATE
1FAMC
1RFN

I forgot to try the ControlF for Lostcousins

I hope I was looking in the right place. Like Katie, I am still trying to "get to grips" both FH and FTA!
 
I cannot see my original post or Tim's reply about checking my gedcom file for CENS or RESI. I followed the instructions but cannot see the entries.

What I have for each entry is:
0@1266@ INDI
1NAME
1SEX
1BIRT
2DATE
2PLACE
1BAP
2DATE
1FAMC
1RFN

I forgot to try the ControlF for Lostcousins

I hope I was looking in the right place. Like Katie, I am still trying to "get to grips" both FH and FTA!

Hi Sheelak, here's a link to my post earlier in this discussion.

It doesn't look like you have any census or residence facts in that bit of data.
 
Hi Sheelak,

Did you follow these instructions?

Yes, using CTRL F to look for RESI, or CENS and Lost Cousins is a good idea.

Also, when you load into FTA, on the GEDCOM Stats tab, it gives a count of how many census or residence facts it found, and in the next release it will give a count of how many Lost Cousins entries as well.
 
Tim, have now spent the last fortnight and worked my way thro all the census details and changed them to read as appeared and not experienced, can you explain on the colour coding where it is yellow and says census entry but no lost cousins flag set. Do I have to now do each one with a lostcousin fact and add a year to each one
John
 
If you add a Lost Cousins custom tag with the year of the event to the person eg: an 1881 Lost Cousins entry then your family tree program will output that in the GEDCOM and FT Analyzer will recognise you have entered that person on the Lost Cousins website.

There is instructions here on how to add a Lost Cousins fact type to FH5.
 
Back
Top