I'm now more convinced than ever that the Pause was triggered by changes at FamilySearch rather than anything on my computer.
I think that you are probably right. Once things are corrected, people tend to not own up and just react as if the problem/error never occurred.
I had a somewhat similar experience a couple of days ago when searching for a family in the 1911 UK census using FMP. I had traced the increasing number of family members for a couple of decades and was 'disappointed' when nothing appeared for 1911. I was expecting both parents and 10-12 children.
I tried looking for each member with various wild card specifications to get round transcription errors but no success until I tried . . .
First name: Rebecca (with variations enabled)
Last name: W*
DoB: 1860 +- 5 years
Other member: Edward (eldest son)
That produced a single transcription for just the mother (with full surname) and reference of 9889/211. Omitting Edward had failed to find anything and searching for any other member or the full surname resulted in nothing. Even giving just the reference resulted in nothing! So much for Peter's beta facility! However, I was able to view the hand written form and get details for the whole family to enter on My Ancestor's page.
The next morning, I carefully described the problem experienced the previous evening, ready to send to FMP, and rechecked that the situation could be reproduced only to find that everything was working correctly! I had not logged off and just left my laptop in sleep overnight.
I decided that it was not worth taking the matter any further and made a mental note that I would not struggle in future but rather go to bed early and hope for everything to be corrected by the morning.