Pauline
LostCousins Megastar
I have recently (in the last couple of weeks) started having an issue at the FamilySearch website. I am using IE11 in Windows 7 and everything is fully up to date.
What has started happening is that the first time I visit FamilySearch on any particular day (after closing down the computer overnight) it takes ages to load the page. The page title appears fairly promptly but the browser page stays empty and everything "locks up"* for about 20-30 seconds. Then the page displays and everything works normally again. With subsequent visits to the site on the same day pages load completely normally.
I hadn't changed anything on my computer before this started happening other than recent updates to Windows and Flash. I have tried the usual deleting temporary internet files, cookies and history, but it doesn't make any difference, and I haven't noticed anything similar happening on any other sites.
Has anyone else experienced this? Or can anyone suggest what may be happening, please?
* Locks up - by this I mean I don't seem to be able to do anything on my computer. I've tried opening a new tab, closing IE, opening the task manager etc, but nothing happens until the page loads, so now I just wait for that to happen.
What has started happening is that the first time I visit FamilySearch on any particular day (after closing down the computer overnight) it takes ages to load the page. The page title appears fairly promptly but the browser page stays empty and everything "locks up"* for about 20-30 seconds. Then the page displays and everything works normally again. With subsequent visits to the site on the same day pages load completely normally.
I hadn't changed anything on my computer before this started happening other than recent updates to Windows and Flash. I have tried the usual deleting temporary internet files, cookies and history, but it doesn't make any difference, and I haven't noticed anything similar happening on any other sites.
Has anyone else experienced this? Or can anyone suggest what may be happening, please?
* Locks up - by this I mean I don't seem to be able to do anything on my computer. I've tried opening a new tab, closing IE, opening the task manager etc, but nothing happens until the page loads, so now I just wait for that to happen.