AnneC
LostCousins Star
We've talked a lot elsewhere which are the best sites for finding information, but not a lot about how we record it all.
I know from past newsletters that Peter is especially fond of Genopro, though he also advocates Family Tree Maker from Amazon, purely for the free subscription to Ancestry.
I have always used Legacy, which although is American based (so I can't use a lot of features) I find very easy to use and to navigate. They also run web-based seminars, again very American, but if you pick and choose well can be very informative - especially if you have American relatives. The basic software is free, but upgrading to the deluxe edition is only about $20 (and no, I'm not on commission....perhaps Peter can negotiate something for Lost Cousins!)
What do you use, and would you recommend it to others?
I know from past newsletters that Peter is especially fond of Genopro, though he also advocates Family Tree Maker from Amazon, purely for the free subscription to Ancestry.
I have always used Legacy, which although is American based (so I can't use a lot of features) I find very easy to use and to navigate. They also run web-based seminars, again very American, but if you pick and choose well can be very informative - especially if you have American relatives. The basic software is free, but upgrading to the deluxe edition is only about $20 (and no, I'm not on commission....perhaps Peter can negotiate something for Lost Cousins!)
What do you use, and would you recommend it to others?