I would love some help please. I have tried reading some of the comments on family tree software, but I don't seem to have found the answer I am looking for. My guiding principle in life is KISS, and although I am not into four letter words, or the 'f' word, I make the word FREE an exception.
I started working on my familytrees in the 1990's, and I used BrothersKeeper Version 5. Unfortunately, my computer no longer likes it very much. I can still use it, but inputting data often makes my computer beep at me which suggests I should update it. The following is a bit of my tree (partly fictional), and that is what I want to duplicate, i.e. all the information seems, to me, to flow. I do not want a tree that tells me under 'Notes' or similar where the individual was baptised, or buried. I do not want something connected to the internet (I do not want the responsibility of putting other people's information out there, although I am more than happy to share with 'family'). I don't often send out my notes to others, they are mainly for my own research. I don't mind if it doesn't allow pics (I have done them as a separate exercise). BrothersKeeper is much the same as what you see on Rootsweb. I tend to use the register format most, then indented format, and generally don't worry about charts unless I can fit them onto one page (anything too big seems to become too difficult fot non-genealogists to understand).
Second Generation
3.
Abel WAIT (1.William1) b 1 Aug 1746, bap 17 Aug 1746, Inkpen, Berks, occ maltster, m. 26 Oct 1774, in Wickham, Berks,
Ann (Anne) ALLIN, bap 5 Feb 1749, Wickham, Berks, (daughter of Thomas ALLIN and Mary GIBBS) d. 1832, Wickham, Berks. Abel died Oct 1817, Welford cum Wickham, Berks, bur 21 Oct 1817 St Mary’s Ch.
Children:
+ 9. i
William WAIT.
10. ii
James WAIT b 1 Oct 1777, bap 12 Oct 1777, Kintbury, Berks.
+ 11. iii
Jesse WAIT.
+ 12. iv
Hannah WAIT.
13. v
John WAIT b 1 Aug 1786, bap 13 Aug 1786, Kintbury, Berks.
+ 14. vi
Eli WAIT.
+ 15. vii
Abel (WAITE) WAIT.
Any comments would be appreciated.