I really don't understand how DNA works in relation to cousins and relationship position.
How can I share only 32 cM across 2 segments with A my 3rd cousin and then more, 67 cM across 3 segments with B a more distant cousin. I know exactly/all which ancestors they come through.
Looking at Peters coloured relationship chart, A is my 3rd cousin and B is my 4th cousin. In my logic surely I should share more DNA with a closer cousin. I really don't understand. Can someone please help.
To make it even more confusing FTM has cousin B, as my 3rd cousin 1 x removed?
How can I share only 32 cM across 2 segments with A my 3rd cousin and then more, 67 cM across 3 segments with B a more distant cousin. I know exactly/all which ancestors they come through.
Looking at Peters coloured relationship chart, A is my 3rd cousin and B is my 4th cousin. In my logic surely I should share more DNA with a closer cousin. I really don't understand. Can someone please help.
To make it even more confusing FTM has cousin B, as my 3rd cousin 1 x removed?