Thanks Heather and well done. The images were feint but could make them out and quite a revelation. I had not found them together in my searches but now I have found them (with your help) I can see why. The original images were barely discernible to make out Alice, never mind William which is why I relied on just her transcription. (I may need to change my viewer).I think it worked, the first image is of the titles of the columns and the second is of the two Thompsons, Alice and William, I have filtered the image as the writing is quite feint, I hope that you can read it ok.
Having explored the Ancestry Image Viewer a little more I discover in fact it allows one to toggle between original image and a line by line transcription (minus details of the crime which only the image shows). I was on Williams page so he shows highlighted, but above him I find Alice as you indicated. Here is the resultI think it worked, the first image is of the titles of the columns and the second is of the two Thompsons, Alice and William, I have filtered the image as the writing is quite feint, I hope that you can read it ok.
I feel your pain , Warwick is a major surname on my family tree with a town, a county and a noble family to get in the way of my research. It's actually due to the Canadian branch ( 1820- 1835) that I was able to meet my fourth cousin down that line.How unfair is that? Daniel Callaghan tried each time in the district of Westbury!! I learn from Google that it is (now at least) a town 30 km west of Launceston). I suppose it's too much to think they named the district/town after my Westburys' ...no I thought not![]()
Thank you Britjan, and I must say its a good job Warwick is not one of my surnames. I am Warwickshire born (OK Birmingham if you will, which was always Warwickshire until incorporated into a Metropolitan 'West Midlands'), and most of my paternal line hail from that county; more than a few from Warwick (town) itself. I suppose my Westbury lament is trivial by comparison.I feel your pain , Warwick is a major surname on my family tree with a town, a county and a noble family to get in the way of my research.
Thanks Jorghes, and I can but agree there are a surfeit of Greens' in almost any research medium I have checked out, and with your own contribution pointing the same way, and based on some background information I have not previously mentioned in any great detail, I think I may have to put this on the back burner for now.and unlike the Westburys, there are a lot of Greens on the LINC Tasmania website).
...It would have been nice to find her origins given that Ann with George Frederick Sr were responsible for augmenting an already sizeable chunk of my Westbury bloodline; unlike Alice who apart from marrying brother Daniel, did not. I may have to be content (for now at least) that I have a deal of information about them since they married in Melbourne in 1850. I believe the marriage was between 'free' persons; George certainly having served his time, and Ann either the same or born to a free settler. ....
Answering your second point,yes I know who you mean and have communicated with him before and had a reply. But has since gone private, and await an answer to a previous question. However I have a copy of the register entry for George's death. Will elaborate when at my desk (answering on my tablet) as found out some interesting stuff, which will answer your third point.Hi Bob, just a few thoughts
have you sighted the 1850/5626 marriage certificate of George WESTBURY & Ann GREEN ?
I noticed a private tree that has a photo titled Death Certificate of George WESTBURY b.1821 - d.1895. Stupidly didn't write down the member name & now can't find again, it was just initials started with F... have you seen that tree, perhaps they would share & just maybe might have other relevant certificates?
Noticed on your Ancestry tree that you have a Mary Ann GREEN buried at Marong Cemetery but that certainly isn't your Ann WESTBURY nee GREEN.
I noticed a private tree that has a photo titled Death Certificate of George WESTBURY b.1821 - d.1895. Stupidly didn't write down the member name & now can't find again, it was just initials started with F... have you seen that tree, perhaps they would share & just maybe might have other relevant certificates?
Yes if you read my response to VT you will see (last paragraph) I now think that must be a serious consideration and of course to see if I can prove or disprove her convict background.Perhaps to solve the "mystery" of Ann Green, you might need to purchase that marriage certificate
Yes if you read my response to VT you will see (last paragraph) I now think that must be a serious consideration and of course to see if I can prove or disprove her convict background.
I decided to pay for the register certificate ( which at AUD$24.60 is pretty steep, never mind requesting a copy of the certificate). My gut feeling -rightly or wrongly - was the certificate proper would be unlikely to yield more and this time would not rely on the knowledge of an Informant.You'll probably get better information from her marriage cert as opposed to the death cert - as you have discovered with George's death cert, as it depends on the knowledge of the informant, and simply because she's alive for the marriage certificate at least and can give her own responses - whether or not she's lying is of course yet another matter!