Bob Spiers
LostCousins Superstar
Thanks for the additional information and to be honest, picking up the last part of the inset quote, I too have my doubts about Jane Walker. So much so she must just be relegated to 'Notes' in my Tribal Pages because at the moment it is far from conclusive we are talking of the same George. Here are some pros and cons and leave you and others to judge which are which:Looking at a current map of Victoria, your "Scot" is either "Scotsburn" or "Scotchman's Lead" both close to Buninyong - and yes, I'd say both are Buninyong (I'd probably go with Scotsburn, but without seeing the birth register who would know.) Given that information, I would doubt that your George Westbury Snr from Warrnambool was making regular trips north to Ballarat and Ararat frequently enough for a relationship with Jane Walker, perhaps there's another George Westbury around. Might do to check for a George Westbury in Victoria's death records?
*I have not discovered another George Westbury of the right age to sire a (first) child in 1856.
*GFW Jr was born 1854 so only 2 years old in 1856!
*GFW Sr after being pardoned settled in Port Philip (then belonging to NSW and by 1853 to Victoria).
*He married Mary Ann Green (usually referred to as Ann Green) at St James, Melbourne in 1850.
*Their first child born 1852. (I do not currently have information to show where born, but of course two years later in 1854 GFW Jr is born in Melbourne).
*George and Ann remained in the Melbourne area throughout 1854-1856 (surmised)
*The first child be born Warrnambool was Ann Charlotte in 1857 and the others thereafter.
*We know all Jane's children were born to the northern part of Victoria , far enough removed from Melbourne and positively distant from Warrnambool.
Conclusion: Remove all references to Jane's children and leave George and Ann with the 8 children born within marriage. Check to see if I can find reference to another George Westbury possible living in northern Victoria (not high priority but more to positively rule out GFW Sr). Check death records as Jorghes suggests.
