When I find the right avenue to reach them Ancestry is going to get an honest critique from me.
My Home page was showing a 1950 US Census record for a
mother-in-law of 4th cousin 2x removed, what's more, it's impossible to access the person from that entry in the Home Page. I have to click 'view all' which takes me to the list of all hints for the person. then click on ignore. All that just to make it disappear from the Home page - utterly time wasting!
If you have Irish Ancestry you are most likely to have a million and one cousins in USA. A lot of my Irish great grandparent's aunts, uncles and siblings left for the US during and after the potato famine. My great grandparents went to England and only one of their relatives followed.
In my Irish ancestor's tree I have a 3rd cousin with a very common name I'll call her Hilary Brown, noticing several US Hints on my Home page I decided to go to her profile to find out if she was even born in the US. She was.
Then I found 10 Hints, the first is the 1950 census which is actually in her mother's name, an obituary for her mother and the rest of them are school year books. Each of the photos in the latter is obviously a girl with the same name but which one is MY Hilary is anybody's guess and guess what, I don't actually care because it's not a piece of information that is of any help for further research.
Thinking about how I used to use my Home Page, it was mostly for my Quick links and for my Shoebox. Normally if I am researching a person I will use the Search button at the top righthand corner of the Profile, then use the filters at the left to find the census records, passenger records or whatever. If that fails, I find another way to search.
If Peter has read that carefully I think I can hear him tutting but, we each have our own way of working and when there is more than one way of doing something we do what we find is best.
Back to where I started, there was a link in the Home Page for suggestions which I had used when I wanted to have a moan about their latest stupidity. That has gone.
I spent ages last night trying to find anything about the new Home page, nothing!
I have no objection to the quick access to collections and other records on the right of the Home page but I would love to be able to have the ability to change where things are and delete what I don't want to see. like I could previously.
I can but ask/suggest.