• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Ancestry Subscription Reminder

AndyMick

LostCousins Star
For those of us who followed Peter's advice and took out 4 months Ancestry subscription at a bargain rate, it is now time to cancel the subscription or the rate goes back to the full monthly rate. HTH.
 
For those of us who followed Peter's advice and took out 4 months Ancestry subscription at a bargain rate, it is now time to cancel the subscription or the rate goes back to the full monthly rate. HTH.

HTH o_O ... His Total Highness?.... Hot Tips Here?
 
For those of us who followed Peter's advice and took out 4 months Ancestry subscription at a bargain rate, it is now time to cancel the subscription or the rate goes back to the full monthly rate. HTH.

A great post and a good reminder for those that took it out.
 
This also indicates that it is time for Peter to negotiate a special deal for us - Please:D
 
Yes, I could do with an affordable alternative to "New FMP"(sounds like a political party) :eek: promises much, but......
 
This also indicates that it is time for Peter to negotiate a special deal for us - Please:D
Nothing on the horizon, I'm afraid. But you can save quite a lot with an Annual subscription, and if you click one of the Ancestry links in my newsletter we might get some commission!
 
Yes, I could do with an affordable alternative to "New FMP"(sounds like a political party) :eek: promises much, but......
Once you know your way around the new site it's much more powerful than the old one. But inevitably people focus more on what they've lost, hence the aggro.

Indeed, I felt the same way until I forced myself to use the site for real research - it was only then that the benefits became apparent.
 
Nothing on the horizon, I'm afraid. But you can save quite a lot with an Annual subscription, and if you click one of the Ancestry links in my newsletter we might get some commission!


Thanks Peter - if I decide to subscribe I will certainly link through Lost Cousins.
I have been a long time user of FMP and am slowly getting used to the new style however having just been using Ancestry for 6 months after buying FTM I am tempted to stick with it - with a discount I may have been able to make some form of justification to myself (and my wallet) to take them both - I preferred FMP for searches for specific facts but do like Ancestry for the "waving leaves" - they make finding sometimes obscure data quite easy and of course links in very well with FTM.

I already have FTM 2014 but do you know if I were to purchase it again could I link the new 6 month trial to my existing account?
 
I already have FTM 2014 but do you know if I were to purchase it again could I link the new 6 month trial to my existing account?
It has worked in the past with earlier versions, but can't guarantee it will still work. In any case the saving is minimal, so hardly worth the risk or the effort (unless you know of a cheap source for FTM 2014 Platinum).
 
Back
Top