• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Ancestry 1921 Census Launch Date

Well I guess they couldn't wait till the 7th, just had my first 1921 census hint!
 
Mine haven't appeared as hints yet, but you can find them pretty easily if you just hit the "search" button. Most of mine have been the first or second result that appears.
 
I am not seeing it in my searches it still stops at the 1911, maybe I need to clear my cache ? Have they put it behind a paywall like the military records ? I have just searched for 1921 census in the card index and it brought it up.
 
I am not seeing it in my searches it still stops at the 1911, maybe I need to clear my cache ? Have they put it behind a paywall like the military records ? I have just searched for 1921 census in the card index and it brought it up.

I don't think it's behind any type of paywall - only FindMyPast could do that when it first came out. The other place to check is the refreshed "all hints" menu which now has the US 1950 census filter (on the bottom) now replaced with a "New collections" filter, which gives you the 1921 Census
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Now that the 1921 Census is on Ancestry, has anyone got an ancestor who's in the full set from 1841 to, amazingly, the 1939 register? I think I have got some in all the censuses up to now so will see...
 
Now that the 1921 Census is on Ancestry, has anyone got an ancestor who's in the full set from 1841 to, amazingly, the 1939 register? I think I have got some in all the censuses up to now so will see...
A search at Findmypast shows that there were only 903 people (out of 36 million) in the 1939 Register born between 1831-1841 (and some of them were born after the 1841 Census).

So there can't be many people who have one of them in their tree.
 
Slim odds then Peter but I'm sure it could be a good challenge for the Lost Cousins members...
 
I have one so far that spans 1841 to 1921, will have to look if I have any that reaches out to 1939.
upload_2025-1-10_10-35-55.png
 
Back
Top