• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

WW2 Army Records

LynneP

LostCousins Member
I checked WW2 army records yesterday and was surprised to see my uncle's record there. 15 months ago I applied for this under the Freedom of Information Act as it was to remain closed until 2034. I had to send my uncle's death cert. I have yet to receive it. I don't need it now I've saved it to my computer but I'm wondering how the world can now see this?
 
I checked WW2 army records yesterday and was surprised to see my uncle's record there. 15 months ago I applied for this under the Freedom of Information Act as it was to remain closed until 2034. I had to send my uncle's death cert. I have yet to receive it. I don't need it now I've saved it to my computer but I'm wondering how the world can now see this?
Clearly your uncle can't have been born in 1934, so there must be some younger family member mentioned in the records (children?). If you look closely you'll probably find that a small area on one of the pages has been has been redacted.
 
Back
Top