jorghes
LostCousins Superstar
I was looking for some assistance with some writing. I visited a section of my tree, which of course then prompted a mass of new hints. One was an Edinburgh Cemetery register from 1850 which included one Mary Peat.
I wanted to know if anyone could help me decipher the words I can't quite figure out due to the handwriting!
So far I have:
Peat - Mary Peat, spouse of James Forbes, ?, who died on the 11th was interred here from 36 St John Hill on the 14th July (?) ???? McCartney?? tomb (?) 49 years, decay
I have to say I'm particularly interested in what I presume is James Forbes's occupation, he's a bit of a brick wall (so is Mary Peat) and I have been unsuccessful in discovering much information on them.
Others may remember when a Leeds newspaper from a stranger and this forum helped me remove a brick wall to discover these two, but all records so far suggest to me that I am missing a large number of their family which I can't find. The three children I know of were born in 1825, 1827 and 1829. Mary and James were in their late 30s to early 40s at this time, which suggests it is somewhat likely that they could have married in their 20s, and there are more family members to discover. [Mary Peat 1785-1850; James 1786-1838]
I wanted to know if anyone could help me decipher the words I can't quite figure out due to the handwriting!
So far I have:
Peat - Mary Peat, spouse of James Forbes, ?, who died on the 11th was interred here from 36 St John Hill on the 14th July (?) ???? McCartney?? tomb (?) 49 years, decay
I have to say I'm particularly interested in what I presume is James Forbes's occupation, he's a bit of a brick wall (so is Mary Peat) and I have been unsuccessful in discovering much information on them.
Others may remember when a Leeds newspaper from a stranger and this forum helped me remove a brick wall to discover these two, but all records so far suggest to me that I am missing a large number of their family which I can't find. The three children I know of were born in 1825, 1827 and 1829. Mary and James were in their late 30s to early 40s at this time, which suggests it is somewhat likely that they could have married in their 20s, and there are more family members to discover. [Mary Peat 1785-1850; James 1786-1838]