Elmac
LostCousins Member
I recently wrote to The Keep, the East Sussex Records Office, where the Mass Observation Archive is held, asking if they were going to record what life is like during this lock-down period, and I received a reply saying they were looking for volunteers to write for them.
I think that we, as family historians have a unique perspective on life at this time, so if you are bored with all the spring cleaning etc, why not put pen to paper, or fingers to a keyboard and have a go.
According to their website
"Correspondents may email, type or write by hand, draw, send photographs, diagrams, cuttings from the press, poems, stories, letters and so on. No stress is placed on "good grammar", spelling or style. The emphasis is on self-expression, candour and a willingness to be a vivid social commentator, and tell a good story"
Here are the links to the website and also the registration page (it took me a little while to find it so thought I would make it easier for you - I've signed up!
Elaine
www.massobs.org.uk/write-for-us/covid-19
www.massobs.org.uk/write-for-us/application-form
I think that we, as family historians have a unique perspective on life at this time, so if you are bored with all the spring cleaning etc, why not put pen to paper, or fingers to a keyboard and have a go.
According to their website
"Correspondents may email, type or write by hand, draw, send photographs, diagrams, cuttings from the press, poems, stories, letters and so on. No stress is placed on "good grammar", spelling or style. The emphasis is on self-expression, candour and a willingness to be a vivid social commentator, and tell a good story"
Here are the links to the website and also the registration page (it took me a little while to find it so thought I would make it easier for you - I've signed up!
Elaine
www.massobs.org.uk/write-for-us/covid-19
www.massobs.org.uk/write-for-us/application-form