• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Will ordering

Kate

LostCousins Member
Hello, I was delighted to find that my husband's 3 x great grandfather had left a will, with two codicils, however when I tried to pay it appears only mastercard and maestro are accepted. I don't know when this changed but I know I have purchased wills before with a visa card. I don't know if I am missing something.
I can print the form off and send a cheque fortunately.
 
ChalfontR thanks, I think it has worked. I was hoping someone would help. Not sure where I went wrong before!
 
Having ordered the will at the beginning of December, does anyone know how long they take to be sent digitally? Thank you. I know we have had Christmas and New year so maybe I am being impatient!
 
Having ordered the will at the beginning of December, does anyone know how long they take to be sent digitally?
Earlier wills do tend to take longer, but more recent ones can be provided within the day. However, the wills aren't sent to you by email, you have to login to download them. Notifications to say that they are ready to download are sent by email, but in my experience they don't always arrive or can end up in a junk/spam box. Have you logged in to your account in case the will is there, but the email notification has somehow gone astray?
 
Thank you. The will was sitting there. I didn't receive an email until I logged in and downloaded the will! Really looking forward to printing it and sharing with my family tomorrow. At least it looks easy to read.
 
Thank you. The will was sitting there. I didn't receive an email until I logged in and downloaded the will! Really looking forward to printing it and sharing with my family tomorrow. At least it looks easy to read.
Great news, hope it proves interesting!
 
I'm very happy for you. Wills are so fascinating. Did you learn anything cool? I was thrilled to bits to find this will, in the "Full Text Search" on FamilySearch (ie it's not been indexed it) https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/6...,Devonport&lang=en&groupId=TH-1-14227-67248-1 Have you found any wills on there?

I was really not expecting to find anything. So it was fab to find out who got her bedding, and to get my tree a bit further back.
 
Wills are fascinating. The one I ordered was a direct ancestor of my husband and I had found out that he had two marriages. It was interesting to see what he left and to whom. All his blacksmith equipment appeared to go to one son, who emigrated and continued his trade in Pennsylvania. It would be good to know the rationale behind some of the decisions as to who received what though!
 
I was thrilled to bits to find this will, in the "Full Text Search" on FamilySearch (ie it's not been indexed it)
Most researchers don't use FamilySearch as often as we should. Can you explain how you found this will for the benefit of the rest of us?
 
Back
Top