I have a query that I cannot get confirmation on, so wonder if anyone can give me a clue as to how I proceed.
I have traced back to William Broom(e) and Sarah as being the parents of my 3 x great grandparents and am happy with that conclusion.
There are two William Brooms marrying a Sarah and there is a divided opinion on which one is correct when I look at other trees on Ancestry.
I have gone for Sarah Tomkinson b.1779 and married in 1797 at Over Peover in Cheshire, daughter of Philip & Sarah. The first child attributed to William (no Sarah) was Ann in 1797 (after the marriage of the above) This seemed logical to me timewise as well as place of marriage as the children were all baptised at Over Peover. Ann's baptism was entered as Ann Broom. I have taken the death of Sarah Broom in 1828 aged 49 as being Sarah Broom née Tomkinson
Others have gone for Sarah Jennings born 1775 at Lower Peover and she married William Broom in 1803 at Rostherne. All the same children have been attributed to the one that I have deemed to be the parents. So we all make claim to the same children but we have two different marriages. If they married in 1803 then Ann born 1797 would have been entered as Jennings. Another child Mary, was born in 1800 and she was entered as Broom as well.
I had chosen a different Sarah to the majority of the others but was happy with that until yesterday, I found a burial for Sarah Tomkinson in 1799 daughter of Philip and Sarah. Now I am not sure which is the right one as parents of the children baptised by William and Sarah Broom.
Can anyone suggest a way forward on this please as it is my direct line and I don't want to go down the wrong route. Done that before and it really complicates matters.
I have traced back to William Broom(e) and Sarah as being the parents of my 3 x great grandparents and am happy with that conclusion.
There are two William Brooms marrying a Sarah and there is a divided opinion on which one is correct when I look at other trees on Ancestry.
I have gone for Sarah Tomkinson b.1779 and married in 1797 at Over Peover in Cheshire, daughter of Philip & Sarah. The first child attributed to William (no Sarah) was Ann in 1797 (after the marriage of the above) This seemed logical to me timewise as well as place of marriage as the children were all baptised at Over Peover. Ann's baptism was entered as Ann Broom. I have taken the death of Sarah Broom in 1828 aged 49 as being Sarah Broom née Tomkinson
Others have gone for Sarah Jennings born 1775 at Lower Peover and she married William Broom in 1803 at Rostherne. All the same children have been attributed to the one that I have deemed to be the parents. So we all make claim to the same children but we have two different marriages. If they married in 1803 then Ann born 1797 would have been entered as Jennings. Another child Mary, was born in 1800 and she was entered as Broom as well.
I had chosen a different Sarah to the majority of the others but was happy with that until yesterday, I found a burial for Sarah Tomkinson in 1799 daughter of Philip and Sarah. Now I am not sure which is the right one as parents of the children baptised by William and Sarah Broom.
Can anyone suggest a way forward on this please as it is my direct line and I don't want to go down the wrong route. Done that before and it really complicates matters.