I had an email before Christmas from a LostCousins member who reckoned that family tree programs generally aren't able to handle the situation where ancestors were cousins without everything being duplicated.
This surprised me, but then I've yet to find any cousins in my direct line who married (there are lots of instances of two brothers marrying two sisters, but that's not the same). And Genopro, which I mostly use, can handle just about anything.
So I thought it would be interesting to ask which programs are particularly good - or bad - at handling cousin marriages in the direct line of home person.
This surprised me, but then I've yet to find any cousins in my direct line who married (there are lots of instances of two brothers marrying two sisters, but that's not the same). And Genopro, which I mostly use, can handle just about anything.
So I thought it would be interesting to ask which programs are particularly good - or bad - at handling cousin marriages in the direct line of home person.


