raven
LostCousins Member
I have been offered the chance to have a test done, but after reading blogs and comparing offers I am still rather confused. Just when I think I've found the best option, I read further and ... 
I think it has come down to either Ancestry or FTDNA.
Ancestry, partly because: 1)I am curious about results after I add them into my tree, 2)I can xfer the results to FTDNA
FTDNA, partly because: 1)It may give more solid results, 2)I like the Family Finder list and other lists, 3)I have worked through FTDNA for my client so am more familiar with it
but .. I am concerned about the xfer upgrade costs, and confused as to whether I take the Family Finder test or the full mT sequence test (and does this include Family Finder or do I have to get that separately?)
There will be little chance of me ever getting any male testing from my father's line done.
Advice appreciated, thanks.
I think it has come down to either Ancestry or FTDNA.
Ancestry, partly because: 1)I am curious about results after I add them into my tree, 2)I can xfer the results to FTDNA
FTDNA, partly because: 1)It may give more solid results, 2)I like the Family Finder list and other lists, 3)I have worked through FTDNA for my client so am more familiar with it
but .. I am concerned about the xfer upgrade costs, and confused as to whether I take the Family Finder test or the full mT sequence test (and does this include Family Finder or do I have to get that separately?)
There will be little chance of me ever getting any male testing from my father's line done.
Advice appreciated, thanks.