I had a similar issue with the number of living and dead children in the 1911 census and even after cross-checking all the possible births in the registration area and subsequently, following the upgrade at GRO, checking the mother's maiden name I was still missing one birth and can only put it down to either a premature (dead) birth or a still birth - there is a vague family story about this. There was no death registration that tied up either, so It's one of those mysteries that will most likely never be solved.
Oh I once found a family member I never knew existed when I was using the GRO indexes (with mother's maiden names) to check a list of family members that I thought was correct. While I was doing that, I discovered a child who I never knew had been there, as they had never appeared on the census data! (still not completely sure why) but the surname of the mother was rather distinctive, and there weren't any other children like there were when I was searching for Rudges this time around.
And it wasn't like this child had died young... as far as I know so far, he grew up and got married!
Your situation is a little awkward. Maybe they were accidentally in the wrong registration district or the mother's maiden name was misspelt? The situation I was talking about above, the mother's maiden name was "Artus" and it was constantly misspelt in the indexes. (and every other piece of documentation known to man)
Assuming Rose G married Herbert Sadler 1942Q1 Rowley Regis 6b 2391 (possibly b. Dudley 1921 - HS b. 1919 is on a Sadler tree on Ancestry), there is a Rose G Sadler listed in Wolverhampton 2002 on FMP Electoral Rolls.
Phil
I did see the marriage, and I thought it was likely, but I didn't see the Electoral Roll entry. It does seem rather suggestive that if it is her daughter, that she was named Rose.
Sounds good, and as you may have discovered, I believe she married a Herbert Sadler in 1942 in Rowley Regis*, Staffordshire (6B/2391) ...and a son John Sadler followed in 1943; Regd. Wolverhampton (6B/881)
*Historical note: Rowley Regis is another of those places that -from time to time- get shown in Staffordshire & Worcestershire (I have researched it before as it occurs in my own Tree). It is rightly Staffordshire, but ecclesiastically Worcestershire and way back in time, came under the feudal Barony of Dudley. "Put that in your pipe and smoke it" as my Dad used to say when explaining something too convoluted to take in.
Glad you are making progress Jorghes, and note you have sent for Certificates. Lets hope they are what you seek.
Diversion: I knew at the back of my mind there was a story in my own family about a 'Rose' and her own name variations; then it came to me. Not for the same reasons as your own, but worth recounting to explain how names can get altered from those given at baptism. She was my Great Aunt given first names: Rose Harriet Jane, who called herself Rosa from the start, but married, and about to start a confectionery business, decided to style herself: Rosa Henrietta J. An Uncle (her nephew who referred to her as Aunt Rosa) told me the upset it caused her mother (his Grandmother) HARRIET. She could accept the Rosa part but was mightily upset when her daughter changed her middle name to Henrietta. I recall saying...'a Rose by any other name'
It's so nice that the UK lets you search very recent birth indexes - Australia's are cut off currently at 1917, so it makes it incredibly difficult to search for more recent family members, and almost impossible to find possible living relatives unless you actually know them! (or they're 18 before 1980 and might appear on the electoral rolls).
It's really confusing at times - I only found a couple of Elizabeth's daughter's weddings but looking in Worcestershire, which of course I didn't know was a possibility when I first started searching considering I thought I was only looking in Staffordshire - but then I suppose it's no more confusing than having Welsh relatives who live (just) on the English side of the border, and while all their children's births are registered in England, their marriages and deaths were frequently registered in Wales. (A lot of the family also lived not far away on the Welsh side of the border)
I am definitely hoping those certificates answer my questions, which my last two orders didn't - as I was looking for confirmation about Elizabeth's eldest illegitimate son, Samuel. Unfortunately the marriage cert I ordered gives an age which is 2 years out, and filled in the father's name with a name I don't recognise - either faked or I have the wrong Samuel. It's a bit of a pain that Samuel seems to have dropped the very distinctive middle name his mother gave him (which I presume is his father's surname), unlike his younger brother, who kept his full three names and they neatly appear on all his documentation.
That is quite confusing Bob! It must have been a little bit of a hit when she refused to use the name her mother shared with her!