Carla
LostCousins Star
Having had my knee op at last I was happy lain out on my sofa this afternoon with my net book perched on my chest (you can lie down with your feet up and just about see the screen this way
) doing research on the sibings of my direct ancestors. Going off on a tangent this way, so to speak, I have managed to find lots of information to add to my family tree and it also means I am finding more relatives to add to lost cousins.
Anyway I came across a 'where born' that I havent seen before. These children of a sibling of a direct ancestor (phew what a mouthful!) were all born in the usual places I had noted before....Bow, Bromley, West Ham, etc ....except for one. Charles Csastell's place of birth was cited as 'Tidal Basin'. Well that interested me so I googled it and actually came up with very little of substance apart from a map of the London Docks with Tidal Basin on it so at least I know the area where he was born. Looking at the snippits of information I did find it really got me wondering where he was actually born as the majority of the buildings were warehouses or taverns.
Anyway I came across a 'where born' that I havent seen before. These children of a sibling of a direct ancestor (phew what a mouthful!) were all born in the usual places I had noted before....Bow, Bromley, West Ham, etc ....except for one. Charles Csastell's place of birth was cited as 'Tidal Basin'. Well that interested me so I googled it and actually came up with very little of substance apart from a map of the London Docks with Tidal Basin on it so at least I know the area where he was born. Looking at the snippits of information I did find it really got me wondering where he was actually born as the majority of the buildings were warehouses or taverns.