Mitch_in_Notts
LostCousins Member
I have just put my kit number into Gedmatch.
The analysis indicates that my birth parents may be distantly related.
Largest Segment = 12.5cM
Total Segments > 7 cM = 12.5CM
The relationship show up in Chromosome 18.
This is all beyond me. Can anyone explain the significance of the results - I have looked at the detail on the GedMatch page but, sorry it is too complex for me.
I know the name of my birth Mother, I suspect through DNA matching who my Father might be, but how significant does the above result make the relationship between them?
Does the above result explain why 96% of my matches on Ancestry DNA Side View are 'unassigned'
Thanks
Mitch
The analysis indicates that my birth parents may be distantly related.
Largest Segment = 12.5cM
Total Segments > 7 cM = 12.5CM
The relationship show up in Chromosome 18.
This is all beyond me. Can anyone explain the significance of the results - I have looked at the detail on the GedMatch page but, sorry it is too complex for me.
I know the name of my birth Mother, I suspect through DNA matching who my Father might be, but how significant does the above result make the relationship between them?
Does the above result explain why 96% of my matches on Ancestry DNA Side View are 'unassigned'
Thanks
Mitch
Last edited: