

I wouldn't submit anything anymore as I have already submitted 5 items all very different but I have not even had an acknowledgement to any of them, so I have given up.
It would be very interesting to see what the items were - I'm sure we'd like to see them, even if the experts didn't!I wouldn't submit anything anymore as I have already submitted 5 items all very different but I have not even had an acknowledgement to any of them, so I have given up.
Talk about a flash from the past, and have tried to explain many times to family and friends about the Facit hand calculator that was in use in the mid-late 50's in the Birmingham Office where I was a junior clerk. Now I have a picture just as I remember the machine.Another possible candidate is the Facit hand calculator
I sent detailed videos with all items and my son even played the theme tune in the background!That's interesting to know. To be fair, they must get a great many applications, and it could be argued that sending even a brief acknowledgement by email to so many people is not good for the planet.
Dear Peter I have tried to upload a couple of the pictures but it keeps telling me that they are too big. Sorry about that. Not good with technology, my son sorts all those sorts of things out. There was a small "squeeze box", 2 dolls, a black and a white one, a samavar, 2 portraits of my grandparents which were originally photographs but had been coloured by the photographer, I think for their wedding in 1914 and to be honest is is so long ago very near when the programme began that I have forgotten what the other one was.It would be very interesting to see what the items were - I'm sure we'd like to see them, even if the experts didn't!
The free Irfanview program I've recommended many times allows you to adjust the size of images.I have tried to upload a couple of the pictures but it keeps telling me that they are too big.
It's worth making the effort, otherwise you could annoy your friends and relatives by filling up their inbox with unnecessarily large images. For example, yesterday a member sent me a 15mb image that I hadn't requested - I've had to delete it.I will try and get my head round it Peter(This is me and technology!).