Helen7
LostCousins Superstar
I’m amazed at how people get so angry about having their cousins downgraded. I’m glad that for me that it’s more of an interesting hobby than a crusade.
I agree. I'm all for Ancestry 'downgrading' cousins in the interest of eliminating false matches. My matches at GEDmatch all have higher cM numbers than the same people at Ancestry. Also the GEDmatch list is extremely long and must contain a lot of false positives. Like you, I've just uploaded my Ancestry DNA results to MyHeritage, so it will be interesting to see how that compares.
Incidentally, I'm sorry you found one of my posts yesterday to be 'misleading'. I was merely asking for clarification of differences in parent-child matches in response to a comment jorghes had made (in the 'ethnicity testing' forum), and which Peter explained very well in reply. May have been off-topic for that forum - but that's not unusual!