Bob Spiers
LostCousins Superstar
My sworn enemy add on which sends me spare every time is 'Free McAfee Security Scan Plus' which loads by default if you FORGET to uncheck the 'include McAfee box' when updating Adobe Flash Player. The number of times this has happened because I have simply responded to a favourite Utility which takes care of updates for me. It tells me 'Flash Player' needs updating to a new version and seeks my permission to download. I give it, accept terms and conditions and the update commences. But what escapes me each time (as there is a fair interval between updates) is spotting the Adobe download includes the accept McAfee box (and yes it does say optional) with a default tick. So it gets loaded and I end up deleting it each and every time. Grrrrr!
Of course McAfee is a supposedly 'good guy' -after all it produces its own AV program - but I already have either Norton or Kaspersky (depending on computer) and do not need (nor is it good to have) two AV programs. Adobe might be in cahoots (perhaps he met Gillian there -sorry from another posting) with McAfee but I guarantee I most certainly am not.
Of course McAfee is a supposedly 'good guy' -after all it produces its own AV program - but I already have either Norton or Kaspersky (depending on computer) and do not need (nor is it good to have) two AV programs. Adobe might be in cahoots (perhaps he met Gillian there -sorry from another posting) with McAfee but I guarantee I most certainly am not.