• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Well done Ancestry

Tim, when I saw your screenshot : "James Tomlinson" of Freckleton,Lancs. At a glance, I read it as "James Titterington". This is probably because I have Titterington ancestors from Newton with Scales,Lancs. and Freckleton has cropped up as a place name in my searches.

Also the name Tomlinson seems familiar; must have a look, they may well have crossed paths:)
 
Last edited:
That would be good Emjay, I'm always on the look out for new Lost Cousins ;)
 
Tim, when I saw your screenshot : "James Tomlinson" of Freckleton,Lancs. At a glance, I read it as "James Titterington".
No Titterington at the back - this is supposed to be a serious discussion.
 
Tim, when I saw your screenshot : "James Tomlinson" of Freckleton,Lancs. At a glance, I read it as "James Titterington".

Time for some new glasses emjay ? :D Oh no not the new glasses debate again !!! :cool:

There was a girl at school in Darwen Lancashire named Anne Titterington and I think she came from somewhere near Bolton. Thought you might like to know that !!o_O
 
Time for some new glasses emjay ? :D Oh no not the new glasses debate again !!! :cool:

I think it was the familiar look of the 'ancestors profile' (Ancestry), although dislexia could be the answer? I misread a first aid tip today as: 'cover the bum with cling film', not a lot use for a burn unless that is the affected area;)
 
I misread a first aid tip today as: 'cover the bum with cling film', not a lot use for a burn unless that is the affected area;)
Quite honestly I cannot for the life of me think of an answer to that :rolleyes: come on Tim surely you can think of something o_O
 
No Titterington at the back - this is supposed to be a serious discussion.
I have a direct connection between Tomlinson and Titterington my mother's side of the family.
My 2xGreat Aunt Ann Tomlinson (1839-1929) married John Babb (1832-1880).
Their daughter Elizabeth Ann Babb (1862-1931), married Francis James Chapman (1860-1932).
Their daughter Florence Chapman (1884-1968) married Edward Gilman Titterington (1878-1961).
Perhaps you are also physic Peter?
 
Back
Top