CarolB08
LostCousins Member
Hi all, I recently sent this email to the GRO web site and got zero helpful information back, they did not address the question of death registration and certification during the War years of 1939-1945.
I know this man died in this incident, I know where he was living thanks to the entry in the civilians died in the war, I know how close the two roads are thanks to a helpful person on another forum who pointed me in the direction of the web site bombsight.org, I have searched the online indexes for two years after the event to no avail, so I am turning to you wonderful people for help. I have added dthe information for him in the hope you can help.
Many thanks
Carol
"I wonder if you can help me? I am trying to find the death reference for Cecil Harold Dale who died April 1941 as a result of an Air Raid shelter in Lambeth, London that was hit by a bomb during the Blitz . I am unable to find his entry in the online index on the GRO web site or on any of the other similar sites. I know his date of death and place of death from the register of civilian deaths on Ancestry.co.uk but was hoping to get a death certificate for him, or at least a pdf of the death certificate.
How were such deaths registered during the war and were death certificates as we know them today actually issued?
Many thanks in advance,"
I know this man died in this incident, I know where he was living thanks to the entry in the civilians died in the war, I know how close the two roads are thanks to a helpful person on another forum who pointed me in the direction of the web site bombsight.org, I have searched the online indexes for two years after the event to no avail, so I am turning to you wonderful people for help. I have added dthe information for him in the hope you can help.
Many thanks
Carol
"I wonder if you can help me? I am trying to find the death reference for Cecil Harold Dale who died April 1941 as a result of an Air Raid shelter in Lambeth, London that was hit by a bomb during the Blitz . I am unable to find his entry in the online index on the GRO web site or on any of the other similar sites. I know his date of death and place of death from the register of civilian deaths on Ancestry.co.uk but was hoping to get a death certificate for him, or at least a pdf of the death certificate.
How were such deaths registered during the war and were death certificates as we know them today actually issued?
Many thanks in advance,"
