Heatherblether
LostCousins Member
I use BrothersKeeper and I have always referenced those considered war deaths (CWGC) slightly differently in my data base. I started doing this early on, I had grown up not knowing anyone who had fought in the wars never mind anyone who died, in my small nuclear family.
I am sad to say that my numbers now are over 40. The closest, my great uncle died 1944. My grandmother had died 11 years earlier and grandfather remarried, contact lost with first family. Any link that connects them to family is allowed. There are husbands and a step son along with with blood relatives - each death shaping the family.
I have British, Australian, New Zealand, Canadian and Polish soldiers, I have a family lost in the blitz, those sunk by uboats, a flying accident,those who died of more natural causes during the war and some just after. I always look for as much information as I can about them. The greater number fall under WW1 by over 2 to one.
I have recently asked for my great Uncles service record . I await for this with hope on finding a bit more about his life and times.
I am sad to say that my numbers now are over 40. The closest, my great uncle died 1944. My grandmother had died 11 years earlier and grandfather remarried, contact lost with first family. Any link that connects them to family is allowed. There are husbands and a step son along with with blood relatives - each death shaping the family.
I have British, Australian, New Zealand, Canadian and Polish soldiers, I have a family lost in the blitz, those sunk by uboats, a flying accident,those who died of more natural causes during the war and some just after. I always look for as much information as I can about them. The greater number fall under WW1 by over 2 to one.
I have recently asked for my great Uncles service record . I await for this with hope on finding a bit more about his life and times.