PaulC
LostCousins Member
Hi folks, I photographed a headstone in Sheffield the other day with the following inscription:
Has anyone come across the acronym W.F.A.S. before, and if so what does it refer to? A Google search hasn't offered anything relevant. Given the date I thought it might be related to the First World War, but it might also be something local to the Sheffield area, or something else entirely.
It's not terribly important but I'd be grateful if anyone could satisfy my curiosity!
In
loving memory of
Harriett Dawson,
(W.F.A.S.)
the beloved wife of
George Edward Dawson,
who died July 4th 1918, aged 50 years.
loving memory of
Harriett Dawson,
(W.F.A.S.)
the beloved wife of
George Edward Dawson,
who died July 4th 1918, aged 50 years.
Has anyone come across the acronym W.F.A.S. before, and if so what does it refer to? A Google search hasn't offered anything relevant. Given the date I thought it might be related to the First World War, but it might also be something local to the Sheffield area, or something else entirely.
It's not terribly important but I'd be grateful if anyone could satisfy my curiosity!