• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Viewing Newspapers.com without subscribing

Tim

Megastar and Moderator
Staff member
I've discovered a way of viewing these hints you get on Ancestry without a subscription. It's not perfect but it can bring some excellent results.

upload_2022-9-3_10-59-2.png Here's a typical hint that I get on Ancestry.
If you click on it you then get the normal splash page
upload_2022-9-3_11-0-42.png
If you then click on the X in the top right hand corner you get this screen
upload_2022-9-3_11-2-22.png

If you now click on the OCR upload_2022-9-3_11-4-2.png

You get a transcription of the article. I then use a CTRL+F and search for a name and you get something like this.

upload_2022-9-3_11-7-24.png


I have registered at the site but never paid a subscription.
 
Back
Top