I've discovered a way of viewing these hints you get on Ancestry without a subscription. It's not perfect but it can bring some excellent results.
Here's a typical hint that I get on Ancestry.
If you click on it you then get the normal splash page

If you then click on the X in the top right hand corner you get this screen

If you now click on the OCR
You get a transcription of the article. I then use a CTRL+F and search for a name and you get something like this.

I have registered at the site but never paid a subscription.
Here's a typical hint that I get on Ancestry.If you click on it you then get the normal splash page

If you then click on the X in the top right hand corner you get this screen

If you now click on the OCR
You get a transcription of the article. I then use a CTRL+F and search for a name and you get something like this.
I have registered at the site but never paid a subscription.