Derek Baker
LostCousins Star
Since 2004 when I joined Lost Cousins I have entered over 1000 of people into Lost Cousins.
I have taken a 2 year break from the task to move house and now I have lost track of which families I have entered and which are still waiting to be uploaded. As I started entering data into computer based Trees in the 1990s long before the Lost cousins Tag was thought of, my tree is not flagged with the Lost Census status of families.
In a recent conversation with Peter he suggested using FTA to get a handle on who is loaded and who I still have to load by loading My Ancestors on Lost Cousins into a spread sheet, and using that as a check list to manually update my tree with the Lost Cousins Tag. (A long job in itself.)
I use TMG v 8 and have created a Lost Cousins Tag as per instructions.
I have entered 4 trial Lost Cousins Tags for the 1911 census as a test.
Exported the file as a Gedcom and loaded it into FTA.
Found 2996 census facts in GEDCOM File (2957 good, 39 errors (data discarded), 2957 usable facts loaded)
Found 7 residence facts in GEDCOM File (1 treated as Census facts)
Found 4 Lost Cousins facts in GEDCOM File (4 good, 4 usable facts loaded)
Found 13 facts of unknown fact type MILIT-BEG
Found 6 facts of unknown fact type MILIT-END
When I open the census tab and select UK 1911 and click Show Entered on Census I get:
610 Rows containing 584 Individuals and 481 Families.
Probably about the right number as I only record census data on my tree against the head of the household, I do not repeat the information for all children living at home. Children only get a census entry when they move away from home. So the 610 rows for the 1911 will translate into many times that in terms of entries in Lost Cousins.
When I open the Lost Cousins Tab and click 1911 E&W Census having selected all relationships it shows 0 Rows. Having Not checked Show already entered on LC.
If I click the Show already entered on LC it show 2 of the 4 I used as the trial.
If I click the Lost Cousins with no country the other 2 show up.
I would have expected the option (unticked = show those to yet be entered) to show 606 records.
What do I need to do to get FTA to show me a list of those who have census data and have not been updated to Lost Cousins?
Thanks
Derek
I have taken a 2 year break from the task to move house and now I have lost track of which families I have entered and which are still waiting to be uploaded. As I started entering data into computer based Trees in the 1990s long before the Lost cousins Tag was thought of, my tree is not flagged with the Lost Census status of families.
In a recent conversation with Peter he suggested using FTA to get a handle on who is loaded and who I still have to load by loading My Ancestors on Lost Cousins into a spread sheet, and using that as a check list to manually update my tree with the Lost Cousins Tag. (A long job in itself.)
I use TMG v 8 and have created a Lost Cousins Tag as per instructions.
I have entered 4 trial Lost Cousins Tags for the 1911 census as a test.
Exported the file as a Gedcom and loaded it into FTA.
Found 2996 census facts in GEDCOM File (2957 good, 39 errors (data discarded), 2957 usable facts loaded)
Found 7 residence facts in GEDCOM File (1 treated as Census facts)
Found 4 Lost Cousins facts in GEDCOM File (4 good, 4 usable facts loaded)
Found 13 facts of unknown fact type MILIT-BEG
Found 6 facts of unknown fact type MILIT-END
When I open the census tab and select UK 1911 and click Show Entered on Census I get:
610 Rows containing 584 Individuals and 481 Families.
Probably about the right number as I only record census data on my tree against the head of the household, I do not repeat the information for all children living at home. Children only get a census entry when they move away from home. So the 610 rows for the 1911 will translate into many times that in terms of entries in Lost Cousins.
When I open the Lost Cousins Tab and click 1911 E&W Census having selected all relationships it shows 0 Rows. Having Not checked Show already entered on LC.
If I click the Show already entered on LC it show 2 of the 4 I used as the trial.
If I click the Lost Cousins with no country the other 2 show up.
I would have expected the option (unticked = show those to yet be entered) to show 606 records.
What do I need to do to get FTA to show me a list of those who have census data and have not been updated to Lost Cousins?
Thanks
Derek